Who is Londonderry Village?

Formerly Lebanon Valley Brethren Home, Londonderry Village was established in 1979 as an outreach ministry of the Churches of the Brethren and is a nonprofit Continuing Care Retirement Community. Our mission is to provide independent living housing, the highest quality health care and supportive services for elderly persons in a way that reflects the examples and teachings of Christ.

We are located in Palmyra, the heart of Lebanon County, minutes from Hershey, off of 322 and 422

What levels of care are available at Londonderry Village?

Londonderry Village offers Independent Living housing options, Personal Care, and Skilled Nursing Care both in our Leffler Nursing Care and Green House® areas in our community. Everything is conveniently located on one campus.

Do I have to be Brethren in order to move to campus?

No. Consideration to move to Londonderry Village is not based upon your religious affiliation.

What should happen to me if my money runs out while I am living on campus? Must I leave?

No. Once you are a resident on campus you will never be asked to leave due to your inability to pay. We have a benevolent care fund available should it be needed by our residents.

Do you allow pets on campus?

Yes. We allow pets in our Independent Living duplexes, cottages and apartments in accordance with our pet policy and for an additional fee.

Do you allow smoking on campus?

No. All of campus is smoke free including the Independent Living homes.

What does my monthly maintenance fee cover in a duplex, cottage or apartment?

Our monthly maintenance fee includes:

  • 24 hour access from within your home to emergency help through the Lifeline® pendant system that is monitored by our security team.
  • General upkeep of the grounds and your home –annual housekeeping, once a month housekeeping (1 hour); lawn maintenance, snow removal, trash removal, and recycling services.
  • 1 hour of Housekeeping services per month.
  • 24 Hour emergency maintenance services.
  • Property and School taxes
  • Property Insurance
  • Access to the Snell Community Center for chapel services, pharmacy services, activities, etc.
  • Membership to the Paul and Carol Boll Wellness Center for use of the gym, pool and fitness classes.
  • Upkeep of the appliances we supply to you in each home. Every home style varies. For more information on what is provided to you please refer to the Independent Living tab on the website.
  • Priority access to the Health Center if or when it is needed.

What is not included in the monthly fee?

You would pay for your own meals, electric usage (except in the Wheaton and Wayland Garden Apartments) telephone, cable and internet.

What type of heating and cooling system do you have in the homes?

Our systems run on electric hot forced air via a heat pump and central air.

Are meals included in the monthly fee?

Meals can be purchased in the Café in the Stoneback Library where you will find a variety of soups, salads, sandwiches and a full hot meal. If you choose to eat in the North View Dining room you would need to call ahead to make a reservation for breakfast, lunch or dinner. This way, you only pay for meals that you choose to eat and you are not paying for a service you may or may not utilize.

What is included in the Personal Care and Nursing fees?

Your daily rate in Personal Care and Nursing includes:

  • Room
  • Three balanced meals per day
  • Personal laundry facilities (Personal Care only)
  • Laundry services
  • Laundry labels
  • Housekeeping services
  • Social Services
  • Social, recreational, and spiritual services
  • Wellness Center (with physician consent in Personal Care only)
  • Nursing Care (Nursing care only)
  • Restorative Nursing program in nursing only (as required)
  • Personal Hygiene supplies (nursing only)

Do you charge an application fee?

We only charge an application fee if you are applying to Independent Living, which is $200 and is non refundable.

What other documents are needed when applying for Personal Care and Nursing Care?

Besides the completion of the “In House” application please supply us with a copy of the Power of Attorney, Living Will and a copy of the health insurance card.

What happens if I move to the Health Center or off campus from Independent Living?

Our Entrance Fee Contract provides a credit of no less than 25% or the unamortized equity of your upfront investment, whichever is higher, if you need to move. When the home is reoccupied by a new resident, you will receive this amount as a credit which can be applied towards the cost of your stay in the Health Center on campus or as a refund to you or your estate should you no longer reside at LV. In the case of a joint agreement of residency, refunds are only provided when both people have vacated the home.

What sort of “down payment” do you require?

If you will be moving to Personal Care an advanced deposit of $6,500 is required at the time of admission. If you are being admitted to one of our Skilled Nursing Care buildings an advanced deposit of $8,500 is required at admission.  If you will be moving into Independent Living and you have chosen to pay the Entrance Fee then we require 10% of the entrance fee at contract signing. The remaining 90% plus the cost of extras is due at settlement, which is the day you will receive your keys for your new home. If you choose to sign a No Entrance Fee  contract for Independent Living then one months rent is due at contract signing.

What types of activities are available to me at Londonderry Village?

We have a woodshop, art classes, yoga classes, TED talks, choir groups, a library, café, pickle ball court, walking groups, card groups, Bible studies, bus trips, gardening, a beauty salon, a Village Boutique, small convenience store, lawn game nights, movie nights, summer concert series and more!

If I am interested in learning more about Londonderry Village who do I contact?

Feel free to contact us to ask more questions and set up a personal visit. If you are interested in Independent Living please contact Tyler Weaber, Director of Marketing at 717.838.5406 ext. 3053 or email him at tweaber@londonderryvillage.org.

If you are interested in Personal Care or Nursing Care please contact Jen Roe at 717.838.5406 ext. 3050 or email at jroe@londonderryvillage.org. Our mailing address is 1200 Grubb Rd. Palmyra, PA 17078

What additional services does Londonderry Village offer to its residents?

  • Wound care
  • IV therapy
  • Respiratory therapy (through Symbria)
  • Physical therapy (through Symbria)
  • Occupational therapy (through Symbria)
  • Speech therapy including dysphasia treatment (through Symbria)
  • Specialty diets
  • Onsite podiatry
  • Optometry
  • Dental services
  • Psychosocial services
  • Transportation available