Formerly Lebanon Valley Brethren Home, Londonderry Village was established in 1979 as an outreach ministry of the Churches of the Brethren and is a nonprofit Continuing Care Retirement Community. Our mission is to provide independent living housing, the highest quality health care and supportive services for elderly persons in a way that reflects the examples and teachings of Christ.
We are located in Palmyra, the heart of Lebanon County, minutes from Hershey, off of 322 and 422
Londonderry Village offers Independent Living housing options, Personal Care, and Skilled Nursing Care both in our Leffler Nursing Care and Green House® areas in our community. Everything is conveniently located on one campus.
No. Consideration to move to Londonderry Village is not based upon your religious affiliation.
No. Once you are a resident on campus you will never be asked to leave due to your financial status. We have a benevolent care fund available should it be needed by our residents.
Yes. We allow pets in our Independent Living duplexes, cottages and apartments in accordance with our pet policy and for an additional fee.
No. All of campus is smoke free including the Independent Living homes.
Our monthly maintenance fee includes:
You would pay for your own meals, electric usage (except in the Wheaton and Wayland Garden Apartments) telephone, cable and internet.
Our system runs on electric force hot air via a heat pump and central air.
Meals can be purchased in the Café in the Stoneback Library where you will find a variety of soups, salads, sandwiches and a full hot meal. If you choose to eat in the North View Dining room you would need to call ahead to make a reservation for breakfast, lunch or dinner. This way, you only pay for meals that you choose to eat and you are not paying for a service you may or may not utilize.
Your daily rate in Personal Care and Nursing includes:
We only charge an application fee if you are applying to Independent Living, which is $200 and is non refundable.
Besides the completion of the “In House” application please supply us with a copy of the Power of Attorney, Living Will and a copy of the health insurance card.
Our Entrance Fee Contract provides a credit of no less than 25% or the unamortized equity of your upfront investment, whichever is higher, if you need to move. When the home is reoccupied by a new resident, you will receive this amount as a credit which can be applied towards the cost of your stay in the Health Center on campus or as a refund to you or your estate should you no longer reside at LV. In the case of a joint agreement of residency, refunds are only provided when both people have vacated the home.
If you will be moving to Personal Care an advanced deposit of $6,200 is required at the time of admission. If you are being admitted to one of our Skilled Nursing Care buildings an advanced deposit of $8,200 is required at admission. If you will be moving into Independent Living and you have chosen to pay the Entrance Fee then we require 10% of the entrance fee at contract signing. The remaining 90% plus the cost of extras is due at settlement, which is the day you will receive your keys for your new home. If you choose to sign a No Entrance Fee contract for Independent Living then one months rent is due at contract signing.
We have a woodshop, art classes, yoga classes, TED talks, choir groups, a library, café, pickle ball court, walking groups, card groups, Bible studies, bus trips, gardening, beauty salons, a Village Boutique, small convenience store, lawn game nights, movie nights, summer concert series and more!
Feel free to contact us to ask more questions and set up a personal visit. If you are interested in Independent Living please contact Tyler Weaber, Director of Marketing at 717.838.5406 ext. 3053 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in Personal Care or Nursing Care please contact Stacy Light, Admissions Coordinator at 717.838.5406 ext. 3050 or email at email@example.com. Our mailing address is 1200 Grubb Rd. Palmyra, PA 17078